Asido Foundation’s Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition in Nigeria
In memory of the Late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the Asido Foundation (AF) has organized an annual Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition. The AF aim to promote a JAME competition for all undergraduates of any tertiary institution for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Asido Foundation‡s JAME competition aims to counter unawareness and showcase dedication to greater gender equality in education and support in Nigeria. Each year, the foundation promotes competition to provide financial support for studies and research of conservation leaders and scientists from target countries. The foundation will be awarded cash prizes of ? 100,000 up to ? 200,000 to the top 3 winners of the competition.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Asido Foundation‡s Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition in NigeriaAdvertisement
Nice offer for students to win an essay competition in Nigeria.
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charitable association that aims to counter obliviousness about mental fitness by delivering evidence-based knowledge and entertaining in advocacy and intervention actions to enhance the Nigerian people’s mental health conditions. This is where the Asido Foundation arrives: to harness resources (human and material) for a better practical, impactful movement.
Application Deadline: 9th December 2022.
- University or Organization: Asido Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: ? 100,000 up to ? 200,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Nigeria
- Eligible Countries: Any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to all undergraduates subject offered by the Asido Foundation.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- JAME competition is open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Studentship: To be eligible, interested participants must be able to provide proof of studentship and also sign the Asido Foundation‡s unashamed pledge.
How to Apply
The interested eligible persons are to write an essay on the topic:- Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
- How to Apply: To apply for this fellowship, applicants must sign the Asido Foundation‡s unashamed pledge.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following:
- The essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship, and a certificate of the signed, unashamed pledge.
- The email body should contain the full name, email address, phone number, institution name, department, course of study, and level of study.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the university’s English language requirements, if applicable.
Asido Foundation will provide cash prizes as the following:
- 1st Place winner will receive a ? 200,000
- 2nd Place winner will receive a ? 150,000
- 3rd Place winner will receive a ? 100,000