British Council GREAT Scholarship 2023-24 for Studies in the United Kingdom
For the 2023-24 academic session, up to 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023-24 offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Institutions in UK
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International Students
British Council GREAT Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the British Council GREAT Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK.
- GREAT Scholarships are available to students from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023/24 are to visit the participating university’s page to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
Applicants are then to proceed to apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
Application Deadline: Deadline varies according to each institution