CSC funding for Chinese Students at University of Aberdeen, UK
Whether you’re working toward your PhD or research degree, a scholarship can help you along the way. Start your research career at the University of Aberdeen with CSC Scholarship. The grant is available at the Aberdeen campus for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program has been established to encourage and support high-achieving candidates from China commencing a PhD degree course at Aberdeen. Selected students will receive a tuition waiver scholarship as well as a monthly stipend and international airfares.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great offer for Chinese students to study at the University of Aberdeen, UK.
The University of Aberdeen offers students a modern workplace and a global working environment. Founded in 1495, Aberdeen is the third oldest university in Scotland and fifth in the UK. It is a Scottish public university which has 12 different schools that deliver teaching and research on a broad variety of subjects and disciplines.
Why at the University of Aberdeen? The University of Aberdeen continues to pursue best practices and high standards of service for all students by constantly developing new programmes and courses. It offers students a wonderful study, work and leisure environment. When you decide to study at Aberdeen, you’re picking one of the seven ancient universities in Great Britain and Ireland.Application Deadline: No deadline specified
- University or Organization: University of Aberdeen
- Department: Aberdeen campus
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: A monthly stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:
- Nationality: Chinese nationals
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: China (People‡s Republic of)
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The grant is only available at the Aberdeen campus.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People‡s Republic of China at the time of application
- Applicants for a full PhD programme must have a master‡s degree and
- Must be under the age of 35
- Applicants must hold an offer of acceptance from the University of Aberdeen
- Applicants should satisfy the CSC selection criteria by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form
- CSC scholars must return to China upon completion of their research
- Applicants must have either a Master‡s degree or a first or upper-second-class Honours degree in an appropriate area from an approved university
How to Apply
To start applying for a higher degree at the University of Aberdeen, applicants first must define their research area then considered a pre-defined PhD project, contact potential supervisors, and after that write a research proposal and submit an online application to accept an offer.
- How to Apply: Applications for the CSC Scholarship should be submitted online at the CSC website. People wishing to benefit from this application should first take a look at the University’s research and identify a potential supervisor in their field.
- Supporting Documents: Previous study certificate or degree, English language proficiency proof, CSC Application Form, and the CSC Employer Reference Form. Applicants must write a research proposal as part of their application.
- Admission Requirements: The relevant academic entry requirements must be fulfilled, including a high level of English language proficiency and a Master’s degree. Check complete entry requirements as Chinese students.
- Language Requirement: To study for a postgraduate degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write academic English fluently. Check here for English language requirements. English entry requirements can differ depending on the area of study. The baseline requirement for the postgraduate research study is an IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
The University of Aberdeen may provide successful applicants with a tuition waiver scholarship to study at Aberdeen campuses. Aspirants apply to the CSC for a monthly stipend as well as international airfares.