Daniel Alagille Awards for International Students in Europe
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is pleased to offer the Daniel Alagille Awards for talented international candidates. The grant is designed for the academic year 2023-2024. Advertisement
To be eligible to win this award, applicants must be no more than 40 years of age and have a PhD and an MD qualification with a full-time position at a European institution. The award consists of a grant worth 25.000 Euros and a bursary for attending the International Liver Congress.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Fab choice for international applicants in Europe.
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is a medical association with roots founded in Europe in 1966. This association is dedicated to pursuing excellence in liver research with an aim is to spread knowledge and expertise in best practices and the latest scientific breakthroughs in hepatology.
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is working hard to achieve excellence in the clinical practice of liver disorders while providing education to all those interested in hepatology. The association has also continued to spread the knowledge and expertise in best practices and latest providing education to all those interested in hepatology. EASL has succeeded in serving its purpose to promote communication between European professionals interested in the liver and its disorders.
Application Deadline: The application process is open until 4th January 2023.
- University or Organization: European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award:25,000 Euros
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Europe.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postdoctoral program at any European institute of choice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a full-time position at a European institution.
- The application should be made in English.
- The applicants must be registered EASL member.
- The applicants must be no more than 40 years old.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first submit an admission application via the online portals of their respective universities and institutes. The application is required to be made on the EASL Website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Original project in any area of pediatric or adult genetic cholestatic diseases (1
- Detailed CV
- A letter signed by the applicants‡ senior mentor including the following elements:
- A statement detailing the amount of work on design and research undertaken by the applicant
- A statement that the applicate holds a Ph.D. or M.D. degree and is no more than 40 years old prior to the opening day of the International Liver Congress
- A statement confirming that the object of the research programme is unpublished by the closing date of the application period and Confirmation that the candidate or senior mentor is, or has applied to become an EASL Member
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a PhD and an MD.
- Language Requirement: The students must have proficiency in the English language and the local language of the European country un which their institute is situated in.
The winners of this application will be awarded 25.000 Euros to fund their entire research project for a period of over two years and a bursary to attend the International Liver Congress™ to present their research by EASL.