Korea University International Students Scholarships
Korea University is putting forth Future Global KU Scholarship: The scholarship application is open to interested students globally.
The academic year runs from March to December and is made up of 2 terms at KU. The terms are approximately 14 weeks long. International students have a choice of 3 study periods:
- Full academic year: March ~ December / September ~ June
- Spring semester: March ~ June
- Fall Semester: September ~ December
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Korea University
Scholarship Type: full scholarship
Scholarship level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate or Postgraduate
Slots: About 2500 scholarship slots for a full session
Scholarship Worth: Scholarships are valued at KRW 400,000 per month for the first semester (4 months)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships available for International students
Selection Criteria: Candidates with offer of admission (successful admission for SEP or VSP at Korea University)
This Scholarship means to help future worldwide pioneers far and wide to learn at KU. Scholarship eligibility is basically targeted at Student Exchange Program (SEP) and Visiting Student Program (VSP) who are qualified for Global KU Scholarship. Scholarships are valued at KRW 400,000 per month for the first semester (4 months) plus a one-off payment of up to a maximum of KRW1,500,000 according to distance and currency rate.
Merit Scholarship: Awarded based on scholastic value and assessment of student’s academic performance in first semester at Korea University. Students are also eligible to apply for ‘Merit Scholarship’ if their duration of studies is extended to two semester at Korea University during the approval stage of the extension.
To be eligible for scholarship, students;
- Be admitted into a recognized university outside of Korea, in a nation that is recognized by the Korean government, as of December 1, 2004.
- Have completed, or about to complete at least one year of study at their home universities at the time of applying.
- Have a weighted average of not less than 75% at their home university.
- Have been admitted successfully for SEP or VSP at Korea University.
- Be familiar with either English or Korean.
How to Apply:
All application documents are to be submitted in English. You are also advised to attach interpretations in English if the document is in some other language.
- Documents submitted with the application will not be sent back to the candidate.
- Academic reference MUST be sent specifically to the Office of International Affairs from educators.