Kumamoto University Admission with MEXT Scholarship Application 2023
MEXT Scholarship at Kumamoto University: Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified applicants for the MEXT Scholarship for Doctoral and Masters Students at Kumamoto University, Japan for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship at Kumamoto University, Japan is designed to support international students wishing to study in Japan with excellent academic credentials to be enrolled in a postgraduate program at the host university. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply before the application deadline.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government (MEXT)
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Kumamoto University, Japan
Scholarship Level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Nationality: See Eligible Countries (below)
Kumamoto University Admission MEXT Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship 2023 for Postgraduate Studies at Kumamoto University:
- Applicants must possess excellent academic record in a 4-year undergraduate program and 2-year master’s program from an accredited institution in related fields.
- Applicants must have a nationality of a country specified by MEXT and will have a student visa when entering Japan.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health
- Applicants must have good English communication skills equivalent to or more than B2 level of CEFR.
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Environmental Conservation Engineering, Environmental Management and Planning, Architecture and Environment Planning, Building Materials and Structures, Advanced Mechanical Systems, Intelligent Mechanical Systems, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Communication Engineering, Frontier Technology for Energy and Devices, Human and Environmental Informatics, Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry, Materials Science and Engineering.
Angola, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Cape Verde, Gabon, Cameroon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Eswatini, Seychelles, Equatorial Guinea, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, Chad, Central Africa, Togo, Nigeria, Namibia, Niger, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, South Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Mauritania, Liberia, Rwanda, Lesotho, South Sudan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, United States of America, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Guyana, Colombia, Suriname, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Albania, Ukraine, Austria, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, Moldova, Russia.
- Stipend of 145,000 yen per month
- Economy class travel to and from Japan.
How-to-Apply: Eligible applicants for the MEXT Scholarship 2023 at Kumamoto University for Postgraduate Studies are to contact a prospective supervisor in Kumamoto University and ask whether they can apply for MEXT scholarship under his/her supervision.
Once supervision has been secured, applicants are to submit the required documents to the Academic/International Affairs Section via express postal mail by the application deadline.
- Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
- Field of study and research plan
- Health certificate
- Academic certificates and certified official transcripts in English
- Summaries of bachelor or master’s thesis in English
- Applicant’s passport or an official certificate of citizenship
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor
- Letter of consent from employer
- Official score of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS if applicant’s native language is not English
- A letter of commitment to studies at Kumamoto University when selected for the scholarship.
Completed forms and documents are to be sent to:
Academic / International Affairs Section
Graduate School of Science and Technology
Application Deadline: February 1 , 2023