Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Rwanda for Africans 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified African applicants for the 2022-2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Rwanda aimed at enabling higher education access to young Africans qualified, yet economically disadvantaged.
The Mastercard Foundation scholarship is committed to developing Africa’s next generation of ethical and transformative leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries, specifically, and on the African continent.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation and The University of Rwanda
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): The University of Rwanda
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Rwanda | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in Rwanda, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have successfully completed his/her bachelor degree in fields of study related to the University of Rwanda masters program s/he is applying for.
- Be Rwandan or African citizen (refugees must be certified by UNHCR, MINEMA, or another legal agency).
- Must not be above 40 years of age for male, and not above 45 for female at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate their critical social and/or economic needs and/or disability.
- Must have proven records of leadership and community engagement(s).
- Applicant must not be enrolled in any other tertiary institution.
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition fees, fully paid on-campus accommodation, a laptop, learning materials, annual return ticket allowance, and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for professional development.
- Continued academic support.
- Career development services, etc.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Rwanda are to complete an online application after reading through all the instructions, and required information.
Application Deadline: 8th January 2023