Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology OIST is welcoming applications from suitably qualified Students in Bachelor and Master program or recently graduated interested in joining the OIST PhD program may undertake educational activity at OIST as a Research Intern.
A research internship at OIST provides students with experience working in a research environment under the direction of OIST faculty.
Company/Organisation(s): OIST – Japan
Program Location: OIST – Japan
Program Duration: 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor and Master
Nationality: All Nationalities
OIST Research internship for Students | What to Expect
Research Intern places are awarded twice a year on a competitive basis. Selection is highly competitive, and depends on suitability of the intended research, academic background, available funding and space. Not all available positions will necessarily be filled.
OIST strives to create and maintain an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment that does not discriminate against gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, race, ethnicity, ancestry, culture, national origin, religion, or marital status. Applications from women and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
To be eligible for OIST Research internship for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Excellent students who are in the final 2 years of the undergraduate or Masters programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or graduates of such institutions.
- Currently enrolled students must have approval from their home institution.
- Academic background of applicants should be appropriate to their desired host unit(s) at OIST.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for OIST Research internship program, applicants should note the following steps:
- Applications to the program must be made through the online form.
- You can only submit your application after at least one recommendation letter is received in the application system.
- You will receive an auto-notification that your application has been received. (Please check your settings to ensure you can receive emails from @oist.jp domain.
- Following the application period, applications will be screened and selection will be completed.
- The result announcement will be posted on your application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is posted. (In some cases, applicants’ email services/settings prevent receipt of our notifications. Please confirm that your inbox is able to receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following final confirmation of internship offers, all necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns. Your cooperation is required for timely completion of logistics to begin the internship, including possible visa preparations and other necessary Japanese government documentation.
Application Deadline: Spring Internship (April 1st 2023- September 30th 2023)
Fall Internship (October 1st 2023 – March 31st 2024)