Ukrainian Student Emergency Relief Bursary in Canada
The Great Plains College has decided to provide emergency funding assistance to Ukrainian students whose continued education is at risk due to unexpected financial challenges during the war on Ukraine by launching the Great Plains College Ukrainian Student Emergency Relief Bursary. The grant is open for the academic year 2022-2023
The grant is applicable on not just full-time study programmes but also to part-time students. The applicants must be Ukrainian nationals with a proof of citizenship and must be enrolled as a student at Great Plains College to be considered. The Award ranges from $500 to a maximum of $3,000 depending on a full-time or part-time study undertaken.
Great Plains College is a regional college in Saskatchewan that provides post-secondary education. It aims to build careers, partnerships and communities through growth, prosperity and quality of life through education and training.
Why choose to study at Great Plains College? The college provides programs and services that are accessible to learners in ways that overcome barriers of time, location and personal circumstances. It is working to build stronger leaders, careers, partnerships and communities.
Application Deadline: Application pathway will close on 31st October 2022.
- University or Organization: Great Plains College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: $3,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: All Ukrainian national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for full-time or part-time degree programme of choice offered at Great Plains College.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must provide proof of Ukrainian citizenship.
- The applicants must have arrived in Canada within the timeframe of September 1, 2020-September 1, 2022.
- The applicants must be enrolled as a student in a full or part-time program at Great Plains College.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: International students must apply for admission by completing and submitted the form available here. The application form is to completed and submitted at email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of their final marks and attendance record with their application
- High school and/or post-secondary transcripts
- Copy of their passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the programme for which they wish to join GPC.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Duolingo – 105
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 81
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- PTE – 63
The students selected to be awarded this application will be awarded a scholarship worth $500 to $3,000 to pursue their higher education at Great Plains College.