The Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics and the Wallenberg Centre for Molecular Medicine, Infection Biology are looking for applicants for the International Post-doc scholarship in bacteriophage-host interactions in Staphylococcus aureus at Umea University.
This application can be made for the academic year 2023-2024. The educational program is open to students from around the world who will enroll in the postdoctoral degree at Umea University. The grant is time-limited for two years.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Umea University Post-doc Scholarship
Nice offer to study in Sweden.
Founded in 1965, the University of Ume delivers 1,800 courses and 150 educational programs. The university includes 36 departments, better than 20 research institutes, four faculty, and eight campus schools. It employs nearly 4,000 individuals, including 310 professors, half functioning as professors or researchers.
Why study at Umea University? The university provides students with the talents and spirit to make a clear difference and research possibilities to build community relationships. Here students can get excellent career prospects and work opportunities.
Application Deadline: 21 December 2022
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics and the Wallenberg Centre for Molecular Medicine, Infection Biology.
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Research fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in bacteriophage-host interactions in Staphylococcus aureus.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- To be eligible for the scholarship, they should have a Ph.D. or be in the final stages of their Ph.D. in microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline. Umea is seeking applicants with experience in microbiology and bacteriophages. Applicants with a strong background in cryoEM are also encouraged to apply. They can consider themselves strong applicants if they:
- Are the first authors of at least two papers in high-quality international journals.
- Have a genuine motivation for scientific research.
- Consider them problem-solver who enjoys challenges and is determined to succeed.
- Value diversity (we are a group of people from three continents).
- Have high standards for honesty, respect, and collegiality.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Submit their application as a PDF marked with the reference number FS 2.1.6-2060-22, both in the file name and in the email’s subject field mailto:medel-at-diarie.umu.se. The application can be written in English or Swedish.
- Supporting Documents: Interested candidates should send a single PDF file composed of the following:
- a cover letter (1 page)
- a CV (2 pages max)
- a complete publication list
- the contact information of 3 references (one of whom should be your Ph.D. advisor)
- Copies of the latest degree certificate(s).
- The opening sentence of their cover letter should state how many publications they have and how many of those they are the first author of.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, seekers need to hold their bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: The applicant should proficiently use both oral and written dissemination in English.
Umea University will provide research funds to high-achieving students with full-time scholarships for two years. The tentative start day is the 1st of February, 2023.