University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2023 (Fully-funded)
University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award: Applications are hereby welcomed from international students as the University of Manchester offers more than 100 studentships every year through the President’s Doctoral Scholar Award scheme, launched by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
The PDS Award will give the most outstanding students from around the world a foundation to support research training with prominent academics across a full range of subjects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
Study level: PhD Program
Scholarships Worth: All University tuition fees at the International rate
Number of Awards: 100+
Nationality: International students
University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Award | DETAILS
The University will only consider applications for these full scholarships once you receive a formal offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor following the issue of an offer letter to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2023
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2023;
- Hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- Must be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
The benefits of the 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships of University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2022 will cover:
- All university tuition fees at the international rate;
- An annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
If you wish to be considered, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer. As such, we ask that online PhD applications are submitted by 24 March 2023 to enable review, interview and supervisor selection.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors and information on how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS nomination form, which needs to be submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 28 April 2023.
All PDS applications will be reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed before final offers on funding are made. Interviews are expected to take place in early June 2023. We will award three fully-funded scholarships within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023