The West Africa Civil Society Institute WACSI is welcoming applications for WACSI’s Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program from the West Africa sub-region interested in enhancing their civic consciousness and developing their professional capacity.
The Internship program will be embedded in WACSI’s core areas of work i.e., Policy Influencing, Advocacy and Knowledge Management.
Company/Organisation(s): WACSI, Ghana
Internship Location: Accra, Ghana
Internship Duration: 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
WACSI’s Policy Influencing & Advocacy Internship | What to Expect
This is a fully funded internship. The institute will support interns fully with flight to and from home country, furnished accommodation, lunch during working days for the duration of the internship and a monthly stipend.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
To be eligible for WACSI’s Policy Influencing & Advocacy Internship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from West Africa sub-region
- Applicants must have a minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies or related fields.
- Applicants should also show an interest in civil society and non-profit organization management.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a high proficiency in English, French or Portugese and a working knowledge of one other.
- The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
- The internship period is from January to June, 2023. Interns who are unable to complete the six-months internship will refund the total cost of the internship package to WACSI.
Applicants participating in the WACSI’s Policy Influencing & Advocacy Internship Program, will receive the following benefits:
- This is a fully funded internship
- The institute will support interns fully with flight to and from home country,
- Furnished accommodation,
- Lunch during working days for the duration of the internship and
- A monthly stipend
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking to enrol for WACSI’s Policy Influencing & Advocacy Internship Program, should submit application online for the program.
Interns are expected to commit to WACSI for six months during which time they will be fully involved in all WACSI activities and enhance their knowledge and capacities for leadership, knowledge and programme management, and critical development issues for West Africa, among other areas.
Application Deadline: On-going